If you already have soft black beans on hand for the recipe, you can proceed as described below. In dried form, you should not underestimate the preparation time of the beans. It's best to start soaking them the day before and follow the instructions on the package.
By the way, a tasty salad, fried potatoes and vegan tzatziki also go well with the soy gyros.
Ingredients for 1-2 servings
- 60 g soy gyros, coarse
- 3 tablespoons black beans
- ½ onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Some pepper & salt
- Pour hot water over the soy cutlets and let them soak for about 10 minutes. Then pour off the water and squeeze the soy cutlets well.
- Cut the onion into fine rings.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Sauté the soy cutlets and onion in it.
- Add soy sauce, spices and black beans and fry for another 5 minutes until crispy.
We wish you bon appétit!