- cashews: 100 g
- hot water: 500 ml
- olive oil for frying: 3 tbsp.
- celery, cut into very small cubes: 90 g
- bell bell pepper, cut into cubes: 1 piece
- fresh or frozen broccoli: 400 g
- carrots, fresh or frozen, sliced: 250 g
- Peas, jarred or frozen: 150 g
- Tomato paste: 1 tablespoon
- wholemeal pasta: 500 g
- Parsley, finely chopped, alternatively: 0.5 bunch
- Parmesan cheese or yeast flakes, alternatively: 1 tbsp.
- Spices: Cayenne pepper: 2 tsp.
- paprika powder, sweet: 2 tsp.
- Turmeric powder: 0.5 tsp.
- Nutmeg powder: 0.5 tsp
- Herb salt or vegetable broth (without yeast and sugar): 1 tbsp.
- salt and pepper, approx.: 1 tsp.
- chili flakes, optional:
- Blender and tall container to puree cashews
- Pot with water and salt to cook noodles
- Large pan for the sauce
Soak the cashews in 500 ml of hot water for at least 30 min.
Wash and cut the vegetables.
Add olive oil and the spices (except the herb salt and vegetable broth) to the pan and fry everything well for 5 min.
Now add the fresh vegetables and tomato paste and fry everything well for another 10 min.
In the meantime, puree the cashews with water and 1 tablespoon of vegetable broth or herb salt and cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
After 10 minutes of frying, add the cashews and the frozen vegetables and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Add the noodles to the sauce and season with salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- A pasta pan is a great way to use up leftovers or clean out the freezer. You can use any vegetables that you like and that go well with pasta.
- Ideas for vegetables that combine well and go well with pasta: