- flour (i.e. teff flour): 120 g
- vanilla pudding powder: 25 g
- carob powder (or cacao powder): 2 tbsp
- coconut blossom sugar: 2 tbsp
- ground almonds: 4 tbsp
- baking powder: 0.5 tsp
- natron: 1 tsp
- coconut oil (molten): 1 tbsp
- cherries: 15 pieces
- apple vinegar: 0.5 tbsp
- medjool dates: 10 pieces
- hot water: 120 ml
- optional: bitter almond aroma: 1 pieces
Let the dates soak in some hot water for 10 minutes.
Stir together all of the dry ingredients.
Puree the dates together with the water they're in.
Add the remaining wet ingredients and the date paste to the dry ingredients and stir them in.
Cut the cherries in half and fold 10 of them under the batter.
Pour the batter into a springform pan (18 cm) and flatten the top.
Garnish with the remaining cherries and chopped almonds.
Bake for around 40-45 minutes in a fan-assisted oven at 170 degrees Celsius. (Sample the dough with a knife)