The brown globules are a nutty and chocolate power snack for the small appetite or serve as a sugar-free snack. The sweetness comes only from the dates contained, while pure cocoa powder provides the chocolate note. You are welcome to change the recipe and use different nut varieties and mousse. How would it be instead of pecan to be having it with plain raw peanuts and peanut mousse?
Ingredients for around 9 Balls
- 80 g Dates
- 80 g Pecan nuts
- 1 Tablespoon Pecan mousse
- 1 Tablespoon Cacao powder
- ½ Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- Soak the dates in hot water for a few minutes. Then drain off the water.
- Finely chop the pecans with the cocoa powder, the vanilla and the pinch of salt in the blender. Add the dates and mix until a homogeneous, slightly sticky mass is formed.
- Form 9 balls from the mixture and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before consumption.