Tofu in smoked form is a perennial favourite among tofu varieties. It forms a great basis for all sorts of creative dishes. In this recipe, the meat substitute is combined with quinoa, fresh vegetables, spices and a delicious topping of yogurt, sesame and tahini.
Ingredients for 2 people
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 little Courgette
- 1 little red onion
- 4 mushrooms
- ½ package smoked tofu
- 5 Teaspoon of Joghurt
- 1 Teaspoon vinegar
- Cooking oil
- Bell peper powder
- Etwas frischen Thymian
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame
- 1 Teaspoon Tahini
- First, rinse the quinoa in a colander. Then boil with 2 ½ times the amount of water and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Peel the onion, halve and cut into rings. Toss the courgette and mushrooms. Heat a little bit the oil over medium heat in a pan and sauté the onion, courgette and mushrooms.
- Dice the smoked tofu. Heat the oil in a second pan and fry the tofu cubes as well.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the onion, courgette and mushrooms. Stir well and sauté for about 2 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- In a small bowl mix yoghurt, vinegar and a little bit of salt and pepper to a sauce.
- Divide the quinoa mixture on two bowls. Spread the tofu cubes over and decorate with the yoghurt sauce, sesame, tahini and thyme.
Enjoy it !