You think Banana bread is boring? We see differently! You can express your creative side and add different flavours to your dough, which can turn your creation, just as in this case, into a juicy peanut cinnamon banana bread. Moreover, you don't need many ingredients which you will usually already have at home anyway. This recipe is also perfect if you want to use very ripe bananas. Have fun!
Ingredients for the banana bread:
- 120 g buckwheat flour or buckwheat (ground)
- 80 g oat flakes (ground)
- 60 g peanut flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 500 g ripe banana
- 250 ml (rice) milk
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 15 dates
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Tip: you can also grind whole buckwheat and whole oat flakes into a fine flour.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients well in your high-performance blender and stir in the dry ingredients.
- Pour the dough into a loaf tin.
- Cut another banana lengthwise and place it onto the dough.
- Bake the banana bread at 175°C for about 45 minutes.
- For an ultimate taste sensation top your banana bread with some cashew butter.
Thanks to Nina for the great recipe inspiration! Check out also her Instagram account for great pictures and delicious recipes.